Extending the Use of Mobile Software and Handheld PDAs at the Airport

I have been away the past 10 days on vacation and noticed several uses for mobile handheld PDAs that I wanted to share.

The customer service folks at the Detroit airport, the people pushing the wheel chairs, were all using MC 70 handheld computers from Motorola/Symbol. This is the first time I have seen this category of worker using handheld PDAs and mobile software for dispatch. As I watched them, they would check them about every two minutes as new dispatches were sent out. It appeared that all dispatches were sent out, and available customer service staff would respond.

As I watched, I wondered if each dispatch had a unique work order number and was invoiced to the various airlines. I did not get the chance to follow-up, but that is how it appeared.

- Kevin Benedict

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...