SAP Insider, SAP Mentorship and a M2M Report

I had a great time leading a session on enterprise mobility today in Palo Alto at SAP's campus.  Even if the photo on the left doesn't look like it.  It was an SAP Insider event and I met a lot of interesting people from the SAP ecosystem.  I led a session called New Mobility Models, Convergence and Augmented Reality on Mobile Devices.

The event started out by Mark Finnern, SAP's Chief Community Evangelist, announcing that SAP has asked me to be an SAP Mentor in the enterprise mobility arena.  I accepted and plan to be actively involved in many SAP events this year including Sapphire in a couple of weeks and TechEd this fall.  Now I am anxiously waiting for my Rugby shirt that SAP mentors get to wear.

I was able to share information with the audience on many of SAP's mobility partners including Vivido Labs, Leapfactor, Sky Technologies and others and the latest trends in mobility.  The event was shown live around the world via webcast.

I am also working on a new mobile industry analyst report on the subject of M2M (machine-to-machine) - think Redbox DVD rental machines reporting their inventories wirelessly to their website.  This is a very interesting area.  If you have a good example, solution, article or company I should be researching please let me know.

***************************************************
Kevin Benedict
SAP Mentor, Mobile Industry Analyst, Founder/CEO Netcentric Strategies LLC
Author of the report Enterprise Mobile Data Solutions, 2009
Mobile Strategy Consultant and Web 2.0 Marketing Services
www.linkedin.com/in/kevinbenedict
twitter: http://twitter.com/krbenedict
http://kevinbenedict.ulitzer.com/
http://mobileenterprisestrategies.blogspot.com/
***Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility consultant and Web 2.0 marketing expert. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles. ***************************************************

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...