Antenna Software, HTML5 and Cloud Computing

This morning I interviewed Antenna Software's Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer, Jim Somer's about their new solution AMPchroma.  AMPchroma (AMP stands for Antenna Mobile Platform) is a cloud-based mobile management solution that is intended to address the full mobile lifecycle, in other words, allowing companies to design, build, deploy and manage a wide range of mobile asset, (including native and hybrid web-apps, mobile websites, and corporate app stores) from a single web-based console.

That is a huge challenge.  I give credit to Antenna for their ambitions.  AMPchroma is cloud-based, and it is the new front end for the Antenna Mobile Platform and all of Antenna's templates, libraries and diverse tools that they have acquired over the years.  I like the the idea of having one "unified" browser based interface for all of their tools and management consoles.  I also like Antenna's mission to help companies to "unify their mobile strategies."  I think that is going to be a big requirement now and in the future.

PSION EP10 
On a side note, I have been working with SAPinsider on a new report that will be published next week titled, Mobile Outlook 2012, and in it I report that 40% of companies are leaving mobile strategy up to the different business units.  That means NO unified strategy.  That is a problem.  It will cause a lot of inefficiencies and redundancies.

Antenna is backing HTML5 in a big way.  In fact I challenged Jim to predict the number of "new" enterprise mobility applications in 2013 that will be based on HTML5.  He went out on a limb and predicted that 75% of enterprise mobility applications will be based on HTML5 in 2013.

Antenna has built its reputation on supporting the blue-collar services sector, but these days they are also focused on B2C (business to consumer) apps.

Antenna is also investing in app stores and tools to create custom app stores.

I finished the interview by asking Jim when they were going to be acquired.  For some reason he was not willing to answer that question :-)



*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile Industry Analyst, Consultant and SAP Mentor Volunteer
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...