Enterprise Mobility, Old Age and UX

I must confess the older I get, the more I like my iPad.  Why?  It is easier to read and you can see more information on one screen.  This has got me thinking about mobile UX.  Am I the only one who thinks as technologically sophisticated baby-boomers get older they will gravitate toward tablets?

When SAP launched their first few mobile apps they all looked different.  They each used different icons, colors and styles.  However, the next year SAP changed them to all fit the same design style, color schemes, icons and menu systems.  They wanted all the apps to work in a similar manner.  They standardized to improve the UX and address change management issues.

This is a lesson for us all.  Most large companies, anticipate supporting many different mobile applications, but few have thought through UX design and how they should leverage design and UX standards across as many apps as possible.

Next week, I will be participating in a webinar titled, The Role of User Experience (UX) in a Mobility Landscape along side mobility expert Tom Parish and Endeavour's design manager Hitesh Ruwala.  If you would like to participate please register here.  The topics that will be covered are:
  • UX & its Importance 
  • Myths & Facts about UX in Mobility
  • The Mobile UX Approach
  • Do’s & Don’ts for good UX
  • Trends in UX

*************************************************************
Kevin Benedict, Independent Mobile Industry Analyst, Consultant and SAP Mentor Volunteer
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility analyst, consultant and blogger. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...